Skip to main content
Miracles

This week was a good one!  So many good things have happened this week and I'm not gonna be able to talk about all of it!  We have a baptism this sat and we are getting super excited for that!  We are now allowed to play soccer so that made me supperrr happy when i heard that.  Now i can start meggin kids in the street again;)  Then we ask if we can teach their families and they take us to their house its the best haha.  

   This week we have zone conf and me and my comp get to give a presentation on setting baptism dates yaay! haha its gonna be a good learning experience.  

   There were three really awesome miracles that happened this week and I want to share one of them with you guys.  

    Yesterday Elder Leija and I started a fast, for our investigators, and so that we could find new people to teach. We worked hard all day and by the end of the day we were beat. Seriously had never been that tired in my mission. We decided to look for one more before our noche de hogar. We got to his house, and he wasn't home, but his son polo was. We got talking with him and he told us about his addictions to alcohol and tobacco. He was actually drunk when we got there. As we started to teach him, he started to change, and by the end of the lesson he wasn't drunk anymore. All we did was teach him about Christ and how he can help us with our problems. We watched the hope of the light of Christ video with him, then we wrote him a little prescription of how he can get over his addictions. Three prayers a day, one chapter in the scriptures each day, and coming to church the following week. He said he had been praying to God for help, and to be able to get fix his problems. He said we got there the next day and we were the answer to his prayer. We have a cita with him this week and we are excited to start seeing his progress. He also committed to come to church this week!  Got answers our prayers in many different ways!  I hope you all have an amazing week!!

   Elder Atkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carry the spirit with you at all times! Hola hola everyone!  Super good week this week.  Gonna keep this email a little shorter cause I dont have a ton of time!  I'll just tell you guys all the important stuff! We have two baptisms  this Saturday !! I'm gonna be baptizing them!  Their names are Lisandro and Salvador.  Lisandro is 9, and Salvador is 13.  Lisandro reminds me of Scotty haha.  Lisandro is not quite as energetic but they have a similar personality.  They have a big family so hopefully we can get the rest of them baptized soon as well!  Oh and pray for me cause they have like 4 names and their full names take like 10 seconds to say, and I'm performing the baptisms haha.   Rufina and Jose are doing awesome!  We have a date set with them for the first Saturday of December!  Jose can barely walk, and he cant move the left side of his body very well, we gave him a blessing about two weeks ago, and is health is improving so fast!  Jesus Christ is the do
BREAKING MYSELF IN!!! One more week down!  I know I say this every week but I don't understand how it's already P day again haha.  This week was super good!  Its starting to get pretty cold here in Coahuila!  Pretty sure it gets as cold as Utah but the only difference is that it doesn't snow haha.  Our houses don't have heat so I'm gonna be sleeping in my coat lol.     This week we worked our tails off!   We got 20 new contacts and a lot of them have a lot of potential.  We have four baptisms lined up for the next couple of weeks!!   This week we did a lot of the same stuff each day, we leave the house around 11 or so (only during training), we go to our appts, lunch is at 2, and whenever we aren't teaching at an appt we are contacting and looking for new people.  We walk sooooo much.  My feet kill ha.  We met some awesome people this week who are super prepared!!  We were walking down the street and we met someone who speaks English!!
¡¡Feliz nuevo año!! Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!!!  I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and new years.  It was so nice to be able talk to the fam!   I may or may not have cried little lol. I don't have a ton of time this week so I'm gonna keep this email pretty short!  We have changes tomorrow but nothing is changing for me!  I'm gonna be with Elder Diaz again so I'm excited for that!  On Christmas eve we went caroling, then came back to a members house and all the elders had a little Christmas themed lesson planned.  Then we ate this super good dinner.  Their brother in law is a chef so he cooks for us all the time.  On Christmas day we woke up and did a little shopping cause it was p day, and i opened a couple packages from the fam!  We got to talk to our families, and it was soooo good to talk to them for a little bit.  I was pretty home sick after though.  Super super home sick.  I was having a hard time, but then i started