Skip to main content
Saltillo!!!!

May 14th, 2018

 Hey guys its been a while!!  Lots of things have changed since the last time I wrote!  I got transferred to saltillo!  The capital of coahuila!  My area is about 20 mins outside of saltillo and its called ramos arizpe!  Its a really really cool area!  Its weird going from a little farm town to a big city!  I ate carls jr the other day and it was my fist time eating fast food in 9 months haha!  It didn't even taste that good lol.  I gues Mexican food is where its at!  Or the Super bacon thick burger just wasn't the way to go lol.    

   Im in a trio right now because my new comp is finishing up in the mission offices and he is training someone to take his place.  His name is Elder Shaner!  Until he gets here in a couple weeks I will be with Elder Hannig and Elder Gomez!  Elder hannig goes home in a couple moths and he is from st George!  Elder Gomez is from mexico city and he has been out six months.  

  The trio has been running both areas for the last couple weeks and its been crazy!  We are teaching a lot of poeple right now and there are a lot of potential baptisms!  

   When I got off the bus in saltillo my comps didn't pick me up on time so I was waiting in the bus station for about an hour and a half by my self hha!  But while I was there a miracle happened!  When I got off the bus the man who helped me get my bags out of the bus started talking to me and calling me elder and stuff, so I asked him if he was a member or baptized and he said no, but that he had talked to missionaries before.  He told me the missionaries helped him get off drugs and find a job, but he didn't get baptized because they went home before they could set a date.  He doesn't live in my area but I sent the reference to the Elders in his area, and he said he would be waiting!  I guess the time when my comps were supposed to pick me up got changed for a reason haah!  Everything happens for a reason.  I hope you all have a great week this week!  Happy mothers day!  sorry for not sending pics in such a long time ill get workin on it!  Love you all!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carry the spirit with you at all times! Hola hola everyone!  Super good week this week.  Gonna keep this email a little shorter cause I dont have a ton of time!  I'll just tell you guys all the important stuff! We have two baptisms  this Saturday !! I'm gonna be baptizing them!  Their names are Lisandro and Salvador.  Lisandro is 9, and Salvador is 13.  Lisandro reminds me of Scotty haha.  Lisandro is not quite as energetic but they have a similar personality.  They have a big family so hopefully we can get the rest of them baptized soon as well!  Oh and pray for me cause they have like 4 names and their full names take like 10 seconds to say, and I'm performing the baptisms haha.   Rufina and Jose are doing awesome!  We have a date set with them for the first Saturday of December!  Jose can barely walk, and he cant move the left side of his body very well, we gave him a blessing about two weeks ago, and is health is improving so fast!  Jesus Christ is the do
BREAKING MYSELF IN!!! One more week down!  I know I say this every week but I don't understand how it's already P day again haha.  This week was super good!  Its starting to get pretty cold here in Coahuila!  Pretty sure it gets as cold as Utah but the only difference is that it doesn't snow haha.  Our houses don't have heat so I'm gonna be sleeping in my coat lol.     This week we worked our tails off!   We got 20 new contacts and a lot of them have a lot of potential.  We have four baptisms lined up for the next couple of weeks!!   This week we did a lot of the same stuff each day, we leave the house around 11 or so (only during training), we go to our appts, lunch is at 2, and whenever we aren't teaching at an appt we are contacting and looking for new people.  We walk sooooo much.  My feet kill ha.  We met some awesome people this week who are super prepared!!  We were walking down the street and we met someone who speaks English!!
¡¡Feliz nuevo año!! Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!!!  I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and new years.  It was so nice to be able talk to the fam!   I may or may not have cried little lol. I don't have a ton of time this week so I'm gonna keep this email pretty short!  We have changes tomorrow but nothing is changing for me!  I'm gonna be with Elder Diaz again so I'm excited for that!  On Christmas eve we went caroling, then came back to a members house and all the elders had a little Christmas themed lesson planned.  Then we ate this super good dinner.  Their brother in law is a chef so he cooks for us all the time.  On Christmas day we woke up and did a little shopping cause it was p day, and i opened a couple packages from the fam!  We got to talk to our families, and it was soooo good to talk to them for a little bit.  I was pretty home sick after though.  Super super home sick.  I was having a hard time, but then i started